Landscapes, culture, heritage, nature
Switzerland’s central position in the middle of Europe makes land-locked Switzerland an ideal meeting & incentive destination in Europe.
Thanks to the easy accessibility offered by most of the airline companies, you can travel comfortably and directly to Switzerland. Not to be forgotten are the unique Swiss natural wonders, the beauty of the landscape and the variety of cultural attractions with the four different languages in the various regions and cities.
The short distances within the country mean that a variety of regions can be covered in one visit: from breath-taking glacial, mountainous scenery to palms and vineyards in Mediterranean surroundings.
Countless international event and meeting planners are aware of the fact that a successful event is marked, among other things, by varied scenery, good infrastructure and a high standard of service and social commitment. Switzerland can offer these criteria the whole year round. Especially cities such as Geneva and Zurich are commonly visited by business clients and incentive attendees.
- Magnificent, varied scenery in the heart of Europe – both in summer and winter
- High-quality service with motivated commitment and a willingness to serve
- Exemplary hospitality in hotels and restaurants
- Excellent value for money
- Safe, clean and punctual – one of the most stable democracies in the world
- Varied, multi-lingual culture
- Short distances and transfer times – 4 international airports and numerous regional airports
Switzerland in a nutshell
4 international Airports■ Located in the heart of Europe
Main destinations in Switzerland
Easy access & great infrastructures
Thanks to its central geographic location, Switzerland is well connected and easily reachable from all parts of Europe and internationally accessible through the hub at the Zurich International Airport.
There are also Geneva, Basel, Bern, Lugano, Sion and St. Gallen–Altenrhein as international Airport.
Neighbouring countries: Germany, Italy, France, Austria, Liechtenstein.
Switzerland has twenty-sixt states with a capital each. Bern is one of these states and the capital of Switzerland at the same time.
The states and capitals are:
- Zürich / Zürich
- Bern / Bern
- Luzern / Luzern
- Uri / Altdorf
- Schwyz/ Schwyz
- Obwalden/ Sarnen
- Nidwalden/ Stans
- Glarus/ Glarus
- Zug / Zug
- Freiburg / Freiburg
- Solothurn / Solothurn
- Basel-Stadt / Basel
- Basel-Landschaft / Liestal
- Schaffhausen / Schaffhausen
- Appenzell Ausserrhoden / Herisau
- Appenzell Innerrhoden / Appenzell
- St. Gallen / St. Gallen
- Graubünden / Coire
- Aargau / Aarau
- Thurgau / Frauenfeld
- Ticino / Bellinzone
- Waadt / Lausanne
- Wallis / Sion
- Neuenburg / Neuenburg
- Geneva / Geneva